Seven Managed Services Blogs MSPmentor Didn’t Write: April 8
I’m hanging out at the Synnex Varnex conference today in Boston — and catching up on some work — before heading to Ingram Micro VTN in Chicago on Monday night. Among my key tasks today: Telling you about the seven blog entries MSPmentor didn’t have time to write for the week ending April 8, 2011. Here they are…
7. Back to School: Lots of VARs and MSPs at Synnex Varnex talking about going deeper into the K-12 market with asset management services.
6. Help Wanted: Several MSP industry leaders have posted new job opportunities on the MSPmentor Job Board. Give it a look and feel free to post additional opportunities.
5. Another PSA?: Within the managed services market, Autotask, ConnectWise and Tigerpaw Software are the three best-known providers of PSA (professional services automation) software. But watch for NetSuite to more aggressively promote OpenAir — a SaaS PSA system — to IT consultants over the next few months.
4. Next Move: As you may recall, Kaseya made a “multimillion dollar” acquisition back in November 2010. It involved some financial software. So what is Kaseya doing with that code? The answer might be coming really soon.
3. M&A: Two MSPs tell me they are negotiating to make acquisitions within the next four weeks. The only potential snags: The target sellers have multiple owners, and the owners can’t agree with one another on valuation. Made me think instantly to my blog this week on how to successfully set up a co-owned SMB — with exit strategies built in.
2. Next Moves: I’d watch for Ingram Micro VP of Managed Services and Cloud Computing Renee Bergeron to provide some updates on branding and positioning either this week at Ingram Micro VentureTech conference in Boston… and/or at Ingram Micro Cloud Summit in June. Purely a hunch on my part.
1. Finally Revealed: So, what is Synnex really doing in the managed services market with such partners as Level Platforms, Intronis, Reflexion and Symantec (yup, Symantec)? Details are emerging. Thoughts really (really) soon.
That’s all for now. Plenty more coverage this week from VARs and MSPs attending Ingram Micro, Juniper and Synnex.