Top 9 Reasons The VAR Guy Is Home Alone During CES
1. Elbow Room, Please: As Yogi Berra would say, "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."
The entire IT world is partying it up in Las Vegas this week — attending the Consumer Electronics Show. Alas, The VAR Guy is skipping the party and hiding away in his home office this week. Why’s that? Here are the top nine reasons The VAR Guy skips CES every year.
1. Elbow Room, Please: As Yogi Berra would say, “Nobody goes there anymore. It’s too crowded.”
3. It’s Deja Vu All Over Again: Anybody else tired of Microsoft stepping onto the stage and promoting a “new” device (smart phone, tablet, etc.) that never quite matches Apple’s cool factor?
4. Thinking Smaller: Instead of hanging out with 120,000 friends at CES, The VAR Guy typically shows up at more intimate Sin City gatherings, like SMB Nation. Why hang out with Steve Ballmer when you can grab a brew or take a (sober) bike ride with Harry Bbbb?
5. J… E… T… S… Jets, Jets, Jets: The VAR Guy has never seen the New York Jets win a Super Bowl. (Has anybody?) It’s NFL playoff time, folks. And our resident blogger ain’t gonna miss a Jets playoff game to put on 3-D glasses in Vegas.
6. Las Vegas Cab Lines: ‘Nuff said.
7. Faulty Time Machine: The VAR Guy’s favorite show is Donnie and Marie… circa 1977, not 2011.
8. Exit, Stage Left: When you need a GPS to get from your hotel room, down the elevator, through the casino, and out to the cab line… you know it’s time to head home.
9. Identity Crisis: When you’re an anonymous blogger, you ain’t got I.D. No drinks. No clubs. No dice.
Still, if any tablet makers want to overnight The VAR Guy some of their latest goodies, our resident blogger is willing to give them a look — from the comfort of his home office.