Managed Services: 7 Blogs MSPmentor Didn’t Write, Dec. 9
Our editorial team spent this week visiting IBM, Hewlett-Packard and some other surprise players in the managed services market (stay tuned). Amid all that travel, here are seven managed services blogs and MSP news tips the MSPmentor team didn’t have a chance to write for the week ending Dec. 9, 2011.
7. WiFi Meets Managed Services: Xirrus, the wireless networking specialist, has launched an MSP partner program. Details are here. I’m intrigued but curious — does the Xirrus effort contain any recurring revenue opportunities?
6. Mobile Insights: Tech Data, the IT distributor, has launched a Mobility Advisory Council. I assume it’s for channel partners that want to weigh in on profitable mobile strategies. MSPs can get more info by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Predictable and Profitable: I had a lengthy conversation earlier today with QuoteWerks President John C. Lewe earlier today. QuoteWerks, as many VARs and MSPs know, develops quoting and sales proposal software. That software niche has gained a brighter spotlight ever since ConnectWise Capital invested in Quosal, which competes with QuoteWerks. It sounds like QuoteWerks will deliver record company revenues in 2011. Lewe shared some tips on where QuoteWerks is heading in 2012. I’ll organize my thoughts and share more details next week.
4. Making the Leap?: What if a high-profile channel leader from an RMM (remote monitoring and management) software company jumped to a venture-backed cloud storage company? Anybody care to tell MSPmentor how the alleged interview went?
3. Get Off the Grid: A friendly reminder — avoid the temptation to blog, Tweet or update your FaceBook status from holiday parties. Earlier this week, an employee at an MSP-centric storage company posted some wild (i.e., false) customer win claims based on misinterpreted statements from a holiday party. A rival storage company wasn’t pleased with the erroneous statements…
2. Cisco Systems and MSPs: Stay tuned.
1. Two Weeks to Go: The fifth-annual MSPmentor 100 survey ends on Friday, Dec. 23. Complete the survey and your company could land on MSPmentor’s list of the world’s most successful managed services providers. Thanks to those who have already participated.
That’s all for now. Thanks for reading MSPmentor, and for joining in the conversation.