Axiros, Eye Networks and ZyXEL Partner for Device Management Solutions
These telecommunications companies are planning to provide “off-the-shelf ZyXEL customer-premises equipment (CPE) with pre-integrated cloud-based access control server (ACS) solutions.”
“The impetus for the partnership was to create a flexible platform-as-a-service (PaaS)/software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering for service providers to scale when needed by offering a combination of capabilities wrapped around the customer and device lifecycle,” an Axiros spokesperson told Talkin’ Cloud.
Each telecommunications provider adds a unique element to the partnership:
- Axiros — Provides open device management solutions for service providers and enterprises
- Eye Networks — Offers pre-qualified telecom hardware and software solutions
- ZyXEL — Delivers customer-premises broadband networking technology
Together, these companies will offer a cloud ACS solution for small and mid-sized service providers.
“Partnering with Axiros and Eye Networks provides a scalable platform that can grow with the needs of the operators backed by independent support and includes the option to add legacy devices from other vendors. This ensures service providers can choose ZyXEL and our ACS solutions with complete confidence,” Greg Pannell, ZyXEL’s senior business development manager, said in a prepared statement.
How can service providers leverage the joint solution?
Axiros noted the new solution incorporates the respective core competencies of the three partners.
Here’s a breakdown of how each partner is contributing to the new service provider solution:
- Axiros — The solution leverages Axiros’ AXESS.ACS Managed Service Platform, which features remote device management capabilities.
- Eye Networks — The solution includes Eye Networks’ cloud-based turnkey service and tool suite for service providers.
- ZyXEL — ZyXEL has developed CPEs for service providers and will pre-integrate its ACS solutions to help them better support their customers.
“Working close with with our service provider customers, we identified the biggest barrier for the Internet of Everything — the end user’s home network. Eye Networks designed a world-class turnkey cloud ACS solution for service providers by [joining] two industry leaders — ZyXEL and Axiros,” an Eye Networks spokesperson added.