Take A Road Trip With The VAR Guy: Microsoft WPC 2011
It’s not quite the Wolfpack. But The VAR Guy has a special offer for readers who are traveling from San Francisco to Los Angeles for Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference 2011. Our resident blogger invites up to three readers to join him for the ultimate road trip — driving down the California coastline on July 9 (Saturday) and July 10 (Sunday) — before arriving at Microsoft WPC 2011. Here are the details and how to potentially qualify.
First, why join The VAR Guy for this road trip:
- Gain exclusive 36-hour access to an anonymous blogger who obviously has too much time on his hands — and too few friends with whom to share all that time.
Risks and Expenses You Need to Consider:
- Rental car and gas expenses: Open for discussion; likely shared equally by all those traveling in the car.
- Hotel, Saturday night (July 9): Location to be determined. Separate rooms, of course, with you covering your own hotel expenses.
- Food: Enjoy the finest food California has to offer (as long as you pay for your own meals).
- Competition: A word of caution… You could wind up seated next to a rival for this long road trip.
- Discussion: Just mention whether a conversation is on the record or off, and The VAR Guy will honor your wishes.
- Blog Coverage: The VAR Guy does not guarantee blog coverage of you or your company during this road trip. But if you know The VAR Guy you realize he rarely takes his hands off the keyboard… except while driving.
- Speed: This is going to be a slow drive to enjoy the coastline. Those in a rush need not apply.
- Who Qualifies: The VAR Guy prefers to travel with up to three industry sources he already knows. All applicants for this opportunity must somehow work in the channel and be confirmed to attend Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference 2011.
- Serial Killers strongly encouraged not to apply. Proof of identity required.
- Travel: The VAR Guy’s Road Trip departs from San Francisco Airport on Saturday, July 9 around noon pacific, arriving at the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference on Sunday, July 10 around 4pm pacific.
Still interested? Send an email to TheVARguy [at] NineLivesMediaInc [dot] com before 9:00 p.m. pacific, July 1. The VAR Guy will reply back with thoughts and updates by midnight.