When No Cost Means More Value
One of the key goals in the release of Datto’s new enterprise file sync and share utility, ownCloud on SIRIS, is that it deliver value to MSPs. And it does. The value comes in the form of a rich feature set, the ability to better serve MSPs’ business customers, and that it’s included with every single SIRIS device, thus ensuring a better margin.
So, you’re thinking, “I’ve seen one file sync and share utility, so I’ve seen ’em all.” Not so fast.
ownCloud on SIRIS is based on a partnership between Datto and ownCloud. ownCloud is an enterprise file sync and share utility developed exclusively for businesses, not consumers. It enables file sharing from a variety of devices, but instead of files being hosted on a third-party cloud, files are hosted on a local Datto device.
To make it most applicable for MSPs and their customers, Datto developed a few additional features of its own:
- Easy Installation. Datto has converted what was traditionally a complex install into a process that can be performed extremely easily, with a single button click. No need for the user to deal with getting SQL servers going or complex storage configuration. This will save MSPs time and effort. See for yourself with a live demo.
- Super fast. With the local SIRIS serving as the master repository for file syncing and sharing on ownCloud, local transfers are incredibly fast.
- Secure backup. Many file sync and share utilities are built with the assumption that users have their own data centers to back up their files. This is not always the case. With ownCloud on SIRIS, while everything is stored locally on your SIRIS device, Datto leverages the secure Datto cloud to create a backup of all files in ownCloud.
- Access from anywhere. Because ownCloud on SIRIS uses the Datto cloud as a relay, you can access files stored on your SIRIS device from anywhere, on any device.
- Low cost. Lest we forget, this is all included with every SIRIS device.
All these features, combined with the award-winning SIRIS feature set and service, makes ownCloud on SIRIS the “first of its kind, best of breed file sync and share and file-level backup solution for MSPs.”
And that’s just one of the five innovations Datto announced at its recent 2015 Datto Partner Conference in New Orleans. The 500 Datto partners in attendance also learned about the new Linux agent for SIRIS, Datto Backupify for Office 365, enhancements to the Datto Partner Portal and the cloud-based Datto DNA router. Listen to Austin discuss the innovations on the Datto Partner Podcast.
Guest blogs such as this one are published monthly and are part of MSPmentor’s annual platinum sponsorship.