Seven Managed Services Blogs MSPmentor Didn’t Write: Oct. 5
The week started at Oracle OpenWorld and ended at Synnex National Conference. We’ve got a boatload of video content to take live, including some timely views from new HP U.S. Enterprise Channel Chief Terry Richardson and Intel Channel Chief Steve Dallman — who had the crowd roaring with laughter during a Synnex conference keynote earlier today. But before we take those videos live, here are seven managed services provider (MSP) news stories and blogs the MSPmentor team didn’t have time to write for the week ending Oct. 5, 2012.
7. MSPWorld Conference: Chatter at the event involved Avatar TechVentures and Votela partnering to promote OpenScape Cloud Services (aka unified communications);Dell Software’s VKernel launching promoting capacity management products for virtualized data centers to MSPs; and Yorktel launching Video Cloud Services for SMB customers.
6. Plugging In: Datto, the backup and disaster recovery (BDR) provider to MSPs, has completed integration with Kaseya‘s IT automation platform. A lengthy list of BDR platform providers now integrate with various RMM (remote monitoring and management) software.
5. New Title: MaintenanceNet has promoted Kelly Crothers to VP of marketing. MaintenanceNet helps vendors and their channel partners to expand the scope and success of their service sales initiatives.
4. Strategic Deal: Cisco has acquired privately-held vCider, which develops virtual network overlay technology for secure data center infrastructure. vCider will be integrated into Cisco’s Cloud Computing organization, reporting to Cloud Computing CTO Lew Tucker. Watch for more synergies with OpenStack to emerge as well.
3. Going Global: Axcient, a cloud-focused data protection specialist, apparently is launching events in Europe. Is an international expansion strategy brewing for 2013? My bet: Absolutely yes.
2. Big Microsoft Move: Synnex apparently has set up a Microsoft Business Unit to help VARs and MSPs to wrap services around Office 365 and Microsoft’s on-premises software platforms. More details soon on The VAR Guy. Speaking of Synnex, the company’s hometown of Greenville, S.C., is one of the nicest U.S. destinations I’ve visited while covering the IT channel.
1. Top 100 MSPs Survey: The sixth-annual MSPmentor 100 survey launches Oct. 15 and runs through Dec. 28, 2012. Results will surface in February 2013. Watch our MSPmentor 100 center for a survey link soon.