Managed Services: Seven Blogs MSPmentor Didn’t Write, June 1
The MSPmentor team is gearing up for another round of managed services and cloud services events — focusing next week on Ingram Micro Cloud Summit, HP Discover and more. But before we pack our bags for more road trips, here are seven managed services blogs and MSP news stories for the week ending June 1, 2012. Take a look…
7. The Right Focus: Consuro Managed Technology, an MSP, is focused on the right priorities. An example: Lori Cobb has joined the company as client advocate director. Consuro is now offering an “added level of customer experience management outside of tech support.” She reports directly to Consuro’s presidents.
6. This Just In: Got a note that ConnectWise IT Nation registration has just opened. See you all in Orlando later this year?
5. Sales Assistance: Aspire Technologies, promoter of QuoteWerks sales quoting and proposal software, has launched QuoteValet Mobile. The completely web-based solution supports Apple iPad, Android, laptops and more. The interface will be very familiar to anyone who has used an iOS application, the company asserts. Solutions like QuoteWerks and rival Quosal help VARs and MSPs to potentially speed sales cycles.
3. Cloud Succession Plan: NaviSite, a top 100 cloud services provider, has promoted David Grimes to chief technology officer. He will succeed Denis Martin who will be stepping down from the role effective June 1, 2012. Grimes will oversee technology vision and direction for the company while continuing to lead research and development.
2. Money in the Cloud: GreatAmerica Leasing Company and Telanetix Inc., a cloud-based provider of hosted voice services, have partnered. The deal allows GreatAmerica to bill and collect Telanetix SIP trunking charges bundled with business phone equipment. The partnership potentially simplifies how customer purchase business phone services
1. Hosted VoIP, VDI Attract MSPs: Hosted voice is gaining critical mass on the Artisan Infrastructure. As is VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure). More details soon… some potentially involving OS33 and Level Cloud.
Priorities: Shifting gears entirely… A friend of a friend celebrated his 41st birthday this past week. He’s healthier today than a year ago. I applaud him (and his family) for that. And a best friend of mine, who died about 18 months ago, would have turned 46 tomorrow, June 2. Rather than dwell on life’s losses, I’m finally focusing more on what I gained from knowing him. There are so many great people to celebrate around us — if we all manage to look away from our monitors long enough.
Shifting gears back to lighter topics: If you’re at the Ingram Micro Cloud Summit, Autotask Community Live or LabTech Automation Nation events in the days ahead feel free to grab my ear or post a comment below.