I spent most of this week at Tech Data (NASDAQ: TECD) TDCloud Partner Summit near Tampa, Fla. You'll find the coverage over on Talkin' Cloud. Now, it's time to catch up on some managed services provider (MSP) news and chatter that I didn't have time to write for the week ending Jan. 11, 2012. Here are seven such tidbits of information.
7. Three Years? Yup: It has been three years since ConnectWise Capital invested in LabTech Software. Fast forward to the present, and the ConnectWise sales team is now cross-selling LabTech and Quosal (sales quoting and proposal software). MSPs, in turn, can now have one sales rep for all three offerings. What is ConnectWise's next move? Keep an eye on Torchy, the mascot for IT Nation. Might he gain some new responsibilities? Stay tuned.
6. Interesting Crowd: At the TDCloud conference, Continuum Managed Services CEO Michael George was on hand, attending sessions and taking notes. What is he up to? Hmmm... Stay tuned.
5. Watch this Market: In recent weeks, we've seen cloud services brokerages (CSBs) begin to buy up one another. One very active area involves Google Apps channel partners. We're also seeing venture capital flow into the market. Stay tuned.
4. Smart Guy: Terry Hedden, president and founder, Zeno Technology Solutions, gave a great marketing and sales presentation at Tech Data's event. He runs a pure-play MSP. Prior to an M&A deal, most MSPs knew Hedden as the CEO of Infinity Technology Solutions -- which is now Zeno. While I didn't have time to "capture" a summary of his session, check out Hedden's thoughts on five hidden ways to profit from Office 365.
3. Vertical Market MSP: Want to succeed as a health care MSP? It sounds like Mike Jones, CEO of ClinicAnywhere, continues to enjoy serious momentum. Mike and I traded email this week and he sent an in-depth update. More details soon.
2. Kaseya: For loyal readers of this weekly blog entry, I've been hinting something is coming. Your wait is nearly over. Stay tuned.
1. The World's Top MSPs... and CSPs...
- MSPmentor 100: We will announce the sixth-annual MSPmentor 100 global results and regional results during a webcast on February 14. We will alert honorees after the webcast as well.
- Talkin' Cloud 100: We have launched the third-annual Top 100 Cloud Services Provider survey, which is open to CSPs, brokers, aggregators, VARs and MSPs working in the cloud. Survey deadline is March 28, with results coming in Q2.