Alert Logic, the security as a service specialist, says Q3 revenues were $5.6 million, up 46 percent from Q3 2010. Translation: Demand for cloud-based security services continues to grow rapidly, though MSPmentor does not have a view into Alert Logic's overall profitability metrics. Here's some more background.
Alert Logic President and CEO Gray Hall attributes the company's growth to two main factors.
- Demand for security and compliance solutions from the company's cloud and hosting service provider channel programs
- A hot start for new partners, mainly SunGard Availability Services
Alert Logic has made multiple moves in recent months. The company:
- inked a partnership with Datapipe that involves Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Integrated its vulnerability assessment, intrusion detection and log management solutions into the SunGard Availability Services solution suite.
- Named Rohit Gupta as VP of business development.
- Announced its Cloud Acceleration Partner Program (CAPP), all during Q3, 2011.