EarthLink is continuing its push to become a full-fledged managed services provider (MSP). The company's latest move? The company most commonly known strictly as an Internet Service Provider (ISP) has developed a new IT service suite to help their customers streamline their internal IT resources.
EarthLink started on this managed services track in July 2011 when it began promoting its managed services and cloud services offerings. More specifically, the EarthLink Cloud service. Then, in October 2011, the company gobbled up an IT solution center and hosted application business when it acquired a large chunk of Synergy Global Solutions.
The new EarthLink IT Service Suite includes these solutions:
- Virtualization Services like cloud hosting, hosted servers, backup and disaster recovery (BDR) and web hosting
- Managed Security Services like network and endpoint security and monitoring
- Connected Services like MPLS, voice and data
- Application Services like secure email, encryption and secure file transferring
- Managed Desktop Support including monitoring, patch management and a virtual help desk
- Data Center Services to help manage space and power
EarthLink's MSP push seems to be doing quite well. The company says it has over 3,000 business customers today using its IT tools. One of the reasons for EarthLink's MSP success? Its IT solutions are PCI, HIPAA and GLBA compliant, meaning they can be used throughout many different industries.