Managed Services: 7 Blogs MSPmentor Didn’t Write, Nov. 21
In the U.S. most folks are getting ready for the Thanksgiving Holiday (Thursday, Nov. 22). But before the MSPmentor team exits to spend time with family and friends, here's a mid-week look at seven managed services provider (MSP) news stories and blogs we didn't have a chance to write for the mid-week ending Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2012.
7. Closer Integrations: Level Platforms has launched a Technology Integration Program (TIP). The company says TIP makes it easier for third-party vendors to integrate their products with Level Platforms' Managed Workplace platform. Managed Workplace is a remote monitoring and management (RMM) software platform that many MSPs leverage.
6. IT Service Desk: The latest HP earnings results included plenty of Autonomy controversy. But take a closer look and you'll also see some bright spots. Chief among them: HP Service Anywhere, a cloud-based SaaS IT service management solution that helps company manage their IT help desks. Powered by that and other products, CEO Meg Whitman said: “We saw SaaS bookings grow at mid-double-digit rates in the fourth quarter.”
5. Autotask Community Live 2013?: The VAR Guy's list of Top 100 Channel Events for 2013 is live (bookmark it: http://www.thevarguy.com/events). But we're still missing some key events. Chief among them: When and where is Autotask Community Live 2013?
4. Mobile Device Management Bugs: We're starting to hear from readers who claim early MDM solutions in the MSP market are either (A) incomplete or (B) buggy. While we don't conduct product reviews we will definitely look into the reports to see what fixes, if any, MSP software companies need to release.
3. Zenith Infotech, Debt Holders and Profits: Zenith Infotech and debt holders remain locked in a court case related to a mid-2011 bond default. How has Zenith Infotech been performing financially in recent months? This earnings statement, recently released in India, offers some clues.
2. MSPs and Amazon Cloud: Yes, MSPs will be on hand for a massive Amazon Web Services partner and customer event, called AWS re:Invent. MSPmentor will be there, too. If you're attending — like 5,500 other people — look me up. And for early details check out our coverage on Talkin' Cloud. Also, watch for potential moves at the conference from Avnet Technology Solutions and NetApp, among other attendees.
1. Relax, Recharge… Then Glimpse the Future: To all of our U.S. readers, we wish you a Happy Thanksgiving surrounded by family and friends. Unplug. Recharge. Enjoy. But when you get back online check out our sister site's new look and feel: Talkin' Cloud — http://www.talkincloud.com. You'll see more enhancements across our sites in the weeks ahead…
BONUS: Don't forget to participate in our sixth-annual MSPmentor 100 survey, which identifies and ranks the world's top MSPs. The survey link is here: http://www.mspmentor.net/top-100-msps.