NaviSite Updates NaviCloud AppCenter Cloud Management Portal
Managed cloud service provider and recent Time Warner Cable acquisition NaviSite has announced an update to its NaviCloud AppCenter Cloud Management Portal, aimed at giving customers deeper control over and visibility into their enterprise applications.
The new features, according to the press release:
- Advanced cloning capabilities: AppCenter now provides finer control when cloning VMs — administrators can select default settings for individual and groups of virtual machines or set them manually before cloning, reducing the amount of time spent on tedium and boosting efficiency.
- User interface management visibility: Or, as they call it on Earth, “role-based user access.” AppCenter now lets administrators grant and revoke policy-based permissions to users.
- Resource instrumentation: During times of high demand for VM resources, NaviCloud AppCenter lets the administrator go in on a granular level and manage allocations, ensuring high-priority users enjoy uninterrupted access.
- Dedicated account log-ins for Airlock Import Facility: Administrators now can use Airlock to bring VMs that were created elsewhere into NaviCloud.
- Support of additional SSL certificates: NaviCloud now supports both the PEM and PFX formats for SSL certificates, eliminating the need to convert from one to the other.
- SSL Management via SSL Screen: AppCenter now includes a screen for creating, managing and renewing SSL certificates — especially of value for e-commerce sites where trust is key.