Sprint (NYSE: S) is teaming up with Managed Mobility to sell a new mobile device management and mobile learning solution to K-12 schools, aiming to alleviate the complexities of implementing and managing mobile learning programs. The cloud-based mLearning technology solution called Wireless Campus Manager offers a mobile device management solution with a twist for educational institutions. Here are the details.
According to both companies the new solution is designed to help school manage and develop extensive mobile learning programs without making significant investments with budgets they don't have. Wireless Campus Manager enables schools to do the following:
- Manage wireless costs;
- Procure, image, track and support mobile devices;
- Manage break-fix, support the management of acceptable use policies;
- Help provide safe Internet access through CIPA (Children’s Internet Protection Act) compliant software;
- Control and secure devices with mobile device management (MDM);
- And provide a collaborative learning portal for teachers and students with Learning Management software (LMS).
Wireless Campus Manager is now available through Sprint for K-12 education customers.