The end of the calendar year is usually a slow time for business. But don't tell Ricoh Americas Corp. Instead of slowing down, the managed document and managed print services provider released a new multifunction printer (MFP) platform Ricoh Aficio MP 2352SP. It features new security and mobility features.
Here's a quick list of the Aficio's scan, copy, print and fax features:
- 23-33 pages printer per minute
- document distribution tools to help tailor the Aficio to your own work environment
- Storage space for up to 3,000 documents
- Remote email notification assignments, cancel jobs and system rebooting via Ricoh's Web Image Monitor
- Configure, monitor and manage all Ricoh devices, including Aficio, from a desktop with the Web Smart Device Monitor
- Automated alerts for low supplies and errors with Auto-Email Notification
- Automated meter submissions, critical event notifications and remote firmware updates via @Remote
Ricoh originally launched its managed print services initiative in 2008. But in 2011 alone, the company launched its Champs Managed Document Services (MDS) Program, signed several managed print services and managed document services deals and introduced Ricoh Managed Document Services (2.0). So while this latest announcement put an exclamation point at the end of Ricoh's 2011, don't be surprised to hear more from the company in early 2012.