LabTech Software Updates Managed Services Platform
According to the company, LabTech 2010's key enhancements include:
LabTech Software, the upstart managed services software provider, has launched LabTech 2010 — the latest version of the company’s remote monitoring and management (RMM) platform. Here’s a quick look at LabTech’s new offering and business strategy.
According to the company, LabTech 2010’s key enhancements include:
- A new installer for easier, faster configuration and agent deployment, and wizards to walk administrators through new server installations and setup of groups, the company says.
- New features in scheduling, reporting, inventorying, and service ticketing, plus more detailed searches, exports/saves and customization. New communication features include the ability to create a service ticket from a chat session and a new messaging system that improves interaction with end users, the company says.
- LabTech partners can now access their LabTech server over an HTTP connection.
- New privacy options for end-user PCs, designed with the finance and health care industries in mind.
- New scripts help demonstrate the value of managed services on customer invoices.
As most readers know, MSPmentor does not deploy or test managed services software. So we’re not in a position to say whether vendors fulfill their product claims.
Still, LabTech has been making some noise in recent months. The company’s installed base of agents has nearly quadrupled since ConnectWise Capital invested in LabTech in February 2010, according to LabTech CEO Matt Nachtrab. And there are signs that LabTech has specifically targeted Kaseya‘s installed base of managed services providers.
Of course, LabTech itself faces plenty of competition from traditional on-premises RMM providers and SaaS RMM specialists.