OfficeXta Extends Social Network to Google Apps Cloud
OfficeXta is now offering its so-called enterprise collaborative platform to the increasing number of businesses that are using the Google Apps cloud suite, thanks to the Google Apps Marketplace, the Google Chrome Web Store and Google Chromebooks. Most interesting, though, is the fact that the basic edition of OfficeXta is free for all.
The company promotes OfficeXta as a hub for employees to streamline communication and boost efficiency. Here’s the company’s bullet-pointed fact sheet on why OfficeXta might work for you:
- Every employee is able to have both a public and a private online profile, as well as securely share real-time messages.
- Engage in social collaboration with others, including a real-time activity stream.
- Securely share real-time applications and company data, as well as Google documents, calendar and more.
- Engage in social collaboration with Google and non-Google contacts.
- Create and share online stores connected to your inventory systems within 5 minutes which feature Fedex and Paypal integration, as well as providing online customer support tools.
- Create and share real-time business intelligence reports connected to your enterprise systems.
- Collaborate with Facebook and Twitter customers, as well as using marketing tools.
- Create and manage online community of customers, employees, and business partners.
Of course, that Google Docs- and Google Calendar-sharing is nothing to write home about, since that’s already a key part of the Google Apps offering.
But it looks as though OfficeXta is planning on extending the social layer to the Google platform across its entire cloud ecosystem — the SaaS Google Apps suite, the Google Chrome browser itself and the Google Chromebook cloud-only netbook — so users everywhere can take advantage of the company’s collaboration tools.
OfficeXta does offer a reseller program, if that sounds good to you: The basic edition, for up to five employees, is free. But the enterprise edition is $4 per user per month above that. Naturally, that’s exclusive from the Google Apps Marketplace offering.