Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) has expanded the feature set of its remote control software Citrix GoToAssist to include remote support of both Android and iOS devices, providing free unlimited support of attended sessions which can be initiated from the mobile devices themselves.
The company added this functionality to address the growing bring-your-own-device trend (BYOD) in businesses today.
The following list provides a look at more details of the expanded feature set for Citrix GoToAssist:
- Remote Support of iOS Devices -- Optimized chat provides IT professionals with the ability to assist iPad and iPhone users
- GoToAssist for Android -- Live support connects users directly from their Android mobile devices
- Updated GoToAssist App for iPad -- Paid subscribers can view diagnostic information regarding the computer supported, email the .TXT file of all the diagnostic reports, and transfer support sessions
- Session Recording -- Recordings enable users to record sessions for auditing and training purposes
- Language Support -- GoToAssist Remote Support and Monitoring are available in French and German
Last month Citrix was included among the whitelisted applications in the Zenprise Second Quarter Survey.