Back on Aug. 19, we asked MSPmentor readers the following question: If you were launching a managed services provider (MSP) from scratch, what type of RMM (remote monitoring and management) and PSA (professional services automation) tools would you embrace? Although it wasn't a scientific survey, 345 readers participated and most said they'd leverage pure SaaS (software as a service) options rather than on-premise options. Here's a quick look at results.
Question: If you were launching an MSP from scratch, what type of RMM and PSA tools would you select?
- 54% of readers said entirely SaaS/hosted
- 28% of participants said they'd use a mix of SaaS/hosted and on-premise options
- 18% said they'd embrace options that were entirely on-premise/in their offices
- Some Australian MSPs I met during a trip down under in 2008 expressed little near-term interest in SaaS because of regional broadband issues.
- Plus, I wonder if responses would vary by size of MSP. For instance: do larger MSPs prefer on-premise options for their NOCs and business operations?
Follow MSPmentor via RSS; Facebook; Identi.ca; and Twitter. And sign up for our Enewsletter; Webcasts and Resource Center.