USA.NET Launches Exchange 2010 Secure SaaS Messaging
USA.NET, a cloud email service provider owned by Perimeter E-Security, has announced the availability of SaaS Secure Messaging 6.0 – a hosted cloud service that rolls together Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010, Microsoft SharePoint, and various eDiscovery, security, compliance, and archiving features into a single package.
Here’s the official fact sheet on SaaS Secure Messaging 6.0, as per USA.NET’s press release:
- Hosted Microsoft Exchange 2007 or 2010
- Hosted Perimeter Commercial Messaging, for companies seeking a standards-based alternative to Exchange
- SharePoint 2010 and Microsoft Office Communicator 2010
- BlackBerry Express and ActiveSync mobile management
- Integrated anti-virus, anti-spam and content filtering
- Data leak prevention and message encryption, featuring new, easy-to-use credential, key and workflow management
- Business continuity archiving for 100% availability
- Compliance archiving, featuring automated message review, litigation holds, and multiple retention policies
- SAS/70 Type II certified, TIA-942 Tier 4 datacenters
- Free migration for many organizations
USA.NET is touting the cost-saving potential for going to its SaaS Secure Messaging platform. Without having to “bolt on” any of those additional services, and since it’s all hosted in the company’s data centers rather than on-premise, USA.NET says that TCO goes down while ROI goes up. USA.NET is even claiming that one anonymous customer saved $15,000 a month thanks to SaaS Secure Messaging 6.0’s built-in security and compliance features and reduced downtime.
Finally, SaaS Secure Messaging 6.0 comes with what are touted as usability tweaks aimed at making cloud migrations even easier, even in hybrid use-cases.
While USA.NET doesn’t explicitly make the connection, it seems pretty clear to Talkin’ Cloud that the company wants to provide an alternative to Microsoft Office 365 with a focus on security and compliance — a potential area of weakness for Redmond’s cloud suite, and one that’s being addressed by ISVs and solution providers alike.