Seven Managed Services Blog Entries We Didn’t Have Time to Write: Nov. 13
The Cisco Partner Velocity event in Paris has wrapped up, and I’ll be flying back to New York on Nov. 15. In the meantime, here are seven managed services blog entries our staff didn’t have time to write for the week ending Nov. 13.
7. MSPs Welcome: Axient, which specializes in data backup and business continuity has launched version 1.0 of a managed services partner portal.
6. The Big Picture: I have a video interview with ConnectWise CEO Arnie Bellini that I still need to publish. In it, Bellini describes how MSPs and VARs (“IT Nation”) can defend the last mile (local business relationships) from big vendors. I hope to have the video live early the week of Nov. 16. In the meantime, our MSPmentor FastChat video center is loaded with new interviews.
5. Blogging Contributors: We’ve expanded our team of contributing bloggers. More to share next week, including bios and beats for our writers.
4. Deal or No Deal?: Edison Peres, Cisco Systems’ senior VP of worldwide channels, mentioned to me that Cisco witnessed fewer mergers and acquisitions among VARs and solutions providers this year. The reason: Most sellers were holding out for inflated multiples that buyers weren’t willing to pay. (More thoughts from Peres here.) Still, some deals are getting done. The latest example: Uptime IT Systems Inc. of Pittsburgh is buying Microvations, Inc. of Charlotte.
3. MSPWorld: How’s the conference? Who’s attending? Send along news and we’ll give it a look.
2. Feedback Please: Our beta tests of www.MSPtweet.com and www.VARtweet.com. Check out both sites and send me your feedback (joe [at] NineLivesMediaInc.com). We’ll be making some tweaks ahead of the sites’ official launches in January 2010.
1. Clouds: Two major MSP-centric clouds are set to launch before the close of 2009. I hope to get a preview within the next two weeks and will be sure to share the details.