Six Channel Partner Blogs The VAR Guy Didn’t Write: Feb. 19
The VAR Guy had his hands full this week. Everyone, it seems, has a channel partner story to share. Alas, there aren’t enough hours in the day for The VAR Guy to cover all the channel chatter. So here are six channel partner blog entries The VAR Guy didn’t get to write for the week ending Feb. 19, 2010.
7. Hedging Hosted Exchange Bets: One of Brazil’s largest Microsoft partners is signing up to work with Intermedia, the hosted Exchange specialist that’s pushing deeper into hosted Unified Communications. Ironically, The VAR Guy heard about the business move while hanging out in the Dominican Republic.
6. CompTIA Finds Its Voice: Anybody else notice the vastly improved communications coming out of CompTIA lately? Skeptical? Check out CompTIA Connect.
4. Social Media Done Right: Check in with Sophos and Kaspersky Lab, and you’ll discover the two fast-growing security companies are taking opposite approaches to social media. Yet, both approaches are working. Details next week.
3. Feeling the SaaS Heat: The VAR Guy made last-minute reservations to attend the Parallels Summit, starting Feb. 22 in Miami. Smart move. SaaS channel experts representing Microsoft, Novell and a start-up called Channel Cloud are expected to attend. Plenty of coverage to follow soon.
2. Google Apps Resellers: Hmmm… How is Google’s partner program progressing? The VAR Guy senses some news is coming. Check back the week of Feb. 22.
1. Check the Headline: The VAR Guy never plays by the rules. This is a top-six list.