FalconStor Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:FALC) announced the latest version of its FalconStor(R) Virtual Tape Library (VTL), which the company claims is the fastest backup and deduplication software currently in the market by tailoring deduplication processes to the needs of their environment, while, according to FalconStor, delivering twice the deduplication rate of any competing solution.
FalconStor specializes in disk-based data protection, continuous data protection, WAN-optimized replication and disaster recovery automation. Solutions are available through a worldwide network of partners, including some solution providers, top-tier strategic partners and major OEMs. FalconStor delivers small businesses to Fortune 100 enterprises.
FalconStor VTL 7.5 offers customers an array of deduplication options, including:
- Inline, concurrent, post-processing or no deduplication.
- Flexibility to deploy deduplication options in multiple configurations to match types of data and available storage.
- FalconStor Turbo deduplication with post and concurrent processing.
- Scalability through either adding nodes or adding storage, which allows customers to scale two different ways and dramatically reduce future storage spending while improving efficiency.
- Reduced memory requirements, due to replicating unique data.
- Advanced security options with extended Advanced Encryption Standard (AES).