Five Questions for Oracle Channel Chief Judson AlthoffFive Questions for Oracle Channel Chief Judson Althoff
The VAR Guy somehow found a back door into Oracle's headquarters today. Our resident blogger is writing this post from a cubicle -- two doors down from Oracle Channel Chief Judson Althoff's office. Hmmm... What exactly is Althoff up to these days?
January 27, 2011
Judson Althoff, group VP of worldwide alliances and channels, OracleThe VAR Guy somehow found a back door into Oracle’s headquarters today. Our resident blogger is writing this post from a cubicle — two doors down from Oracle Channel Chief Judson Althoff‘s office. Hmmm… What exactly is Althoff up to these days? And how will the Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized channel effort evolve in the months ahead? Here are five questions The VAR Guy plans to pose to Althoff within the next hour — assuming Oracle security doesn’t escort our resident blogger out of the building.
1. Three Months Later…: So, it’s been about three months since the old Sun Microsystems partner program ended. Althoff and his lieutenants have been calling on Sun legacy partners to join the OPN Specialized partner program. How many have done so and what are the results so far?
2. Embedded Success?: The VAR Guy heard that Althoff has taken on responsibility for Oracle’s embedded sales efforts. What exactly does that mean for Althoff’s day-to-day priorities? Plus, what exactly are the implications for Oracle’s channel partners?
3. What Have You Hurd?: Oracle President Mark Hurd continues to promote Sun hardware and storage to the Oracle sales team and Oracle channel. Are Hurd and Althoff working from the same gameplan, and what are Althoff’s initial reactions to Hurd’s efforts within Oracle?
4. Recurring Revenues: The VAR Guy has heard some buzz about managed services providers promoting Oracle solutions. Plus, Oracle’s Kevin O’Brien is busy promoting SaaS licensing to ISVs, service providers and channel partners. But what percentage of the OPN Specialized channel has shifted to recurring revenue models?
5. Hitting the Road?: Oracle has launched a cloud road show. The VAR Guy is intrigued. Who’s the audience — end-customers, corporate executives… or channel partners? Maybe a little bit of everyone? And what — ultimately — is Althoff’s cloud message to channel partners?
Ooops… Got to wrap up this blog entry. The VAR Guy’s meeting with Althoff begins in 17 minutes. That still leaves enough time to wander around Oracle’s offices just a little bit… hunting for news, rumors… and maybe even a water cooler conversation with Larry Ellison.
About the Author(s)
You May Also Like