Hurricane Irene: Six Questions to Ponder Amid the Storm
Dear Irene: You can huff, and you can puff… but you can’t blow The VAR Guy’s data away. The VAR Guy isn’t the sharpest dude in the channel. But he was smart enough to back up his data into the cloud earlier today. Now, our resident blogger is reviewing this emergency preparations check list. Then, The VAR Guy plans to unplug this weekend, watch the storm, and ponder six unsolved riddles. They include…
1. Tastes Great or Less Filling?: Alas, Rodney Dangerfield is no longer around to assist with this one. The VAR Guy’s vote: Neither.
2. Atari 2600 or Intellivision?: An unsolvable riddle since Atari ruled with arcade games and Intellivision ruled with sports games.
3. Star Wars… Star Trek… Or Something Else?: For most of his years, The VAR Guy said Star Wars. But now, a surprise contender has entered the ring. Indeed, The VAR Guy is now addicted to Battlestar Galactica (the re-imagined series) from SyFy, available on Netflix.
4. Bill Gates or Steve Jobs?: In the mid-1990s the answer was clear. Today, not so much.
5. Disney World or Disney Land?: Hard to say. The VAR Guy welcomes invitations to both… to help ponder this question some more.
6. Early Retirement or Work Forever?: The VAR Guy already works from home. Anonymously. What more could he ever want?
Actually, there is a clear answer to item 6. The VAR Guy is sticking around for a long time to come. Oops… got to run. Additional deadlines call. And all kidding aside: Best wishes to those riding out the storm.