Kaseya MSP Survey: Growing Importance of Automation, Cybersecurity Remains Top Challenge

MSPs will need to be up to speed on their security offerings to meet SMB demand.

Edward Gately, Senior News Editor

March 30, 2023

6 Slides

The latest Kaseya MSP survey shows automation is a must-have technology, and cybersecurity is the No. 1 challenge facing their clients.

This Kaseya survey sought viewpoints from both managed service provider executives and MSP technicians. Of the respondents, executives comprised 37% of the pool while technicians made up the remaining 63%. MSP owners, partners, vice presidents and directors came under the executive group while the rest were grouped as technicians.

Kaseya polled more than 1,000 MSPs from the Americas, EMEA and APAC.

Looking for more? Check out our analysis of the recently completed Channel Futures Quarterly MSP Sentiment Survey.


Kaseya’s Mike Puglia

“This report drives home the importance of automation and integration to make MSPs more productive, efficient and profitable,” said Mike Puglia, Kaseya’s chief strategy officer and general manager of security products. “Cybersecurity will continue to be a pressing issue. And MSPs will need to be up to speed on their security offerings to keep pace with SMB demand.”

Kaseya MSP Survey Key Findings

The key findings center around automation, cybersecurity and integration:

  • About 90% of respondents hailed automation as a crucial technology for their business. That’s because it improves efficiency. It also allows them to take on more clients and generate more revenue by automating common processes like endpoint management, monitoring, patching, ticket resolution and even cybersecurity.

  • More than half of executives (64%) and technicians (54%) picked automation, including auto-remediation of tickets, as their top remote monitoring and management (RMM) feature.

  • In a year-over-year comparison, there is a 15% jump in respondents who chose cybersecurity as their clients’ top IT challenge.

  • About 65% said most or all of their clients have asked for cybersecurity advice.

  • About 90% agree integration between core applications is critical to their business. It helps them streamline their processes, reduce duplication of efforts and automate repetitive tasks.

See our slideshow above for more key findings from the Kaseya MSP survey.

Want to contact the author directly about this story? Have ideas for a follow-up article? Email Edward Gately or connect with him on LinkedIn.

Read more about:

MSPsChannel Research

About the Author(s)

Edward Gately

Senior News Editor, Channel Futures

As news editor, Edward Gately covers cybersecurity, new channel programs and program changes, M&A and other IT channel trends. Prior to Informa, he spent 26 years as a newspaper journalist in Texas, Louisiana and Arizona.

Free Newsletters for the Channel
Register for Your Free Newsletter Now

You May Also Like