Six Channel Blogs Entries The VAR Guy Didn’t Write: Jan. 8
The VAR Guy has a boatload of blog entries that are worth writing. But time is short and The VAR Guy is looking to exit, stage left for a few hours. So here are six channel entries our resident blogger didn’t have a chance to write for the week ending January 8, 2010.
7. Still Negotiating: Is Yahoo’s much-rumored Zimbra sale to VMware going to happen? The VAR Guy is checking in with his sources. Last he heard the deal was on.
6. IBM Dials Asterisk (Again): Watch for Big Blue to have a major presence at the Digium Asterisk World conference (Jan. 20-22, Miami). What’s on tap for Big Blue and the open source IP PBX? The VAR Guy has the details… but here’s what’s already been announced.
4. Different Date, Bigger Event: Autodesk wants to brief channel media about its 2010 channel plans, but the event has been moved from January to a potential March date. Stay tuned.
3. Exit, Stage Left: Nat Friedman, the key man behind Novell SUSE Linux, has resigned. But give Novell and Friedman credit: The tandem remained together long enough to launch the apparently successful Novell SUSE Appliance Program.
2. Five’s Company?: If you read The VAR Guy daily, you already know that the Hewlett-Packard Americas Partner Conference, Juniper J-Partner Summit and Cisco Systems Partner Summit and Interop are the same week in April 2010. Now there’s buzz about a fifth potential event in Las Vegas that very same week. If the event gets confirmed The VAR Guy will blog about it…
1. Check the Headline: If you know The VAR Guy, you know he doesn’t play by the rules. There is no #1 on this list, because it’s a top six list.