Tech Data Turns To TechTurn For Recycling
Distribution giant Tech Data has joined forces with TechTurn to offer recycling and refurbishing services. What does that mean for VARs? Simply put, you can add recycling services to build revenue if you’re working with Tech Data. What does that entail exactly? Read on…
Here’s the quick run-down: TechTurn is apparently one of the leaders in recycling, refurbishing and re-marketing. TechTurn can take everything from desktops, displays and servers and effectively manage the techno junk in an environmentally friendly way. But there’s more than just the environment at stake. Apparently, according to Tech Data VP Barb Miller…
“All technology users face challenges when disposing of used, obsolete or otherwise unwanted IT equipment…greater green awareness and laws nationwide prevent people from sending old computers to the landfill. Security concerns, compliance with regulations like Sarbanes-Oxley and HIPPA, and the threat of litigation make it difficult for users to confidently dispose of devices that store sensitive information. With a partner like TechTurn, resellers can help their customers retire old hardware in a secure and environmentally friendly manner.”
If you’re already a Tech Data reseller, you can now offer TechTurn’s services when you sell to your customers. Plus, all TechTurn services are available through Tech Data’s TDOnCall technical services team. How does it work, though? TechTurn has two facilities that are zero-landfill facilities. Translation? TechTurn physically does all the reselling and refurbishing on site from all the equipment it receives. They also do secure hard drive erasure that meets US Department of Defense standards. If you buy a hard drive from them, you get a fancy certificate proving that data has been destroyed securely and the drive is totally clean.
Specifically, TechTurn services through Tech Data include:
- Asset Recovery And Rebuilding – For each asset received, data is erased, asset tags are removed and the value of hardware is assessed. Some items are rebuilt for resale by TechTurn, an authorized Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Windows Server reseller. Others are used for parts or recycled.
- Logistics – TechTurn arranges for packaging and discounted shipping to its nearest processing center. For more sensitive assets, TechTurn can arrange for secure, sealed trucks to pick up IT assets from the user’s location.
- Recycling – TechTurn uses the strictest standards to break down assets into base materials for recycling in accordance with environmental laws and regulations, and in compliance with its R2/RIOS certification.
- Redeployment – TechTurn will receive, test and diagnose, remove all data, re-image and rebuild systems for redeployment and continued use by the owner, extending the life of the equipment and increasing the return on their technology investment.
- Lease Return Processing – TechTurn can help users manage their leased equipment, ensuring all assets are returned on time and in compliance with the terms of the lease.
So VARs, does this sound like a service you can start taking advantage of, especially for migrating a company with old hardware to new stuff?