5 Key Selling Points for Migrating to the Cloud5 Key Selling Points for Migrating to the Cloud
For managed service providers in the cloud-based file sharing space, it’s important to remember that different clients have different needs. Some will make their decision to migrate to the cloud based on cost alone, while others will weigh multiple factors such as scalability, security and compliance. For this reason, it’s critical for MSPs to keep these five key value propositions in mind as they sell (or up-sell) these solutions to clients.
December 2, 2014
By Michael Brown 1
For managed service providers in the cloud-based file sharing space, it’s important to remember that different clients have different needs. Some will make their decision to migrate to the cloud based on cost alone, while others will weigh multiple factors such as scalability, security and compliance. For this reason, it’s critical for MSPs to keep these five key value propositions in mind as they sell (or up-sell) these solutions to clients:
1. Immediate scalability – Most clients are looking to grow, innovate, and scale their business accordingly. The ability to scale services and resources with ease is one of the leading benefits of the cloud. Whether it’s scaling up because of rapid growth, or scaling back to save resources and become more efficient, the cloud can quickly accommodate any sudden changes in scope.
2. Remote access and collaboration – The ability to remotely access servers and easily share files improves efficiency and also prevents interruptions due to unforeseen circumstances. The cloud offers remote access capabilities so your clients can log in to their computer from anywhere and share files and documents with other team members. This increases collaboration and provides much needed version control rather than sending edited documents to and from multiple parties via email.
3. Automation – Many cloud service providers regularly update software, servers, and network equipment, mainly to enhance security and convenience. They also can help automate business operations that (traditionally) have been mundane and time-consuming. For this reason, MSPs can drastically help their clients with smaller day-to-day tasks and allow them more time to focus on innovation and expansion of their business.
4. Added IT Security – Despite many public news stories about IT breaches in security, cloud-based security measures are often still the most up-to-date solutions available. In a time where hackers are more sophisticated and prevalent as ever, your clients likely have security on the mind. Cloud providers (and MSPs) work hard to maintain strict security measures because a breach can cost them numerous clients and lost revenue. They will also be extremely knowledgeable about the ever changing and complicated IT and cloud security standards that need to be met for business purposes.
5. Cost Predictability – Cost will always be a primary concerns for your clients. Since many cloud-based file sharing solution offer subscription-based models (this is particularly true for solutions designed specifically for MSPs), clients are able to accurately gauge their cost throughout the year, even as usage rises or falls. The ability to pay only for those services that are needed/used is a huge driver in a client’s decision to migrate to cloud.
In a world where the economy, business trends, technology and consumer behavior is ever-fluctuating, MSPs can utilize these basic selling points to help show their existing clients that cloud based file sharing and computing can be highly beneficial.
You May Also Like