October 2, 2009
I arrive at SMB Nation Fall (Las Vegas) in a few hours. Before I turn my attention to the trade show, I wanted to offer up a few managed services items culled from my inbox. So, here are the seven managed services blog entries I didn’t have time to write for the week ending Oct. 2.
6. YAA (Yet Another Acroym): Replify says it has coined the term Accelerated Managed Service Provider (AMSP?) to denote MSPs that embrace the idea of enhanced user experience over bandwidth constrained wide area networks. Um, aren’t all MSPs out to enhance user experience?
5. New Recruit: Former MSP Mark Crall has joined Autotask as executive director of community and business development. He’ll work closely with Brian Sherman, who has been promoted to senior director of industry alliances.
4. Still Growing: Level Platforms has been ranked third fastest growing technology company in Canada in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 for the second year in the row.
3. SaaS Security Party: Interwork Technologies sometime today will likely launch a Security as a Service (SaaS) Suite for SMB solution providers. Partners on the project include Reflexion, Autotask, itControl, CTERA and Trend Micro.
1. Dell and Symantec: Hush, hush? I hear they’re partnering on a systems management platform for VARs and managed services providers. I have some information and hope to share more details next week.
About the Author(s)
You May Also Like
November's Top 20 Stories: Broadcom-VMware, AI in UCaaS, Google Cloud Shake-UpDec 04, 2023
Digital Transformation 2.0? IT Teams Look Ahead to 2024Dec 05, 2023
Insight-SADA Deal Makes Tony Safoian Richest Man in the ChannelDec 04, 2023
AWS re:Invent Partner, Vendor News: Cisco, Salesforce, MoreDec 01, 2023