Free Newsletters for the Channel
Register for Your Free Newsletter Now
May 13, 2009
There were Hazmat suits. Firefighters. Evacuations. Hospitalizations.
Was this an outbreak of Ebola? No, just AT&T Inc.’s office refrigerator.
Seven people were taken to the hospital Wednesday and 21 took ill after office workers at the carrier’s San Jose, Calif., building attempted to clean out a refrigerator overstuffed with old, moldy, past-the-expiration date food. It would turn out to be a very dangerous attempt indeed.
The fridge’s contents were especially rancid because the fridge was unplugged, and the combination of the food and the disinfectant caused a stench so bad that firefighters were called and the office evacuated.
So next time your office manager asks you to take your lunch accoutrements home every Friday, go ahead and indulge him or her.
Read more about:Agents
You May Also Like
Meet Channel Futures' 50 Channel Influencers for 2024Feb 20, 2024
The Gately Report: Menlo Security Tackling Browser Attacks, AI ThreatsFeb 19, 2024
VMware Cloud Marketing Head: Broadcom Changes Mean Business ‘Will Only Get Better’Feb 16, 2024
Upstack Annual Report Gives Clues Into TA Market SizeFeb 15, 2024