D-Link Intros IP Surveillance Resources, Tools for Customers
Connectivity and unified network vendor D-Link is rolling out a new suite of tools, resources and evaluation units to promote its status as an IP surveillance vendor. The free resources include a 36-inch x 24-inch "IP Surveillance 101" poster, bandwidth and storage calculators, an interactive floor planner for surveillance camera placement and 30-day evaluation units for qualified end users and partners.
Connectivity and unified network vendor D-Link is rolling out a new suite of tools, resources and evaluation units to promote its status as an IP surveillance vendor. The free resources include a 36-inch x 24-inch “IP Surveillance 101” poster, bandwidth and storage calculators, an interactive floor planner for surveillance camera placement and 30-day evaluation units for qualified end users and partners.
D-Link currently provides 30 different business-class IP camera models and three network video recorders, in addition to outdoor enclosures and video management software options for businesses, according to the company.
“More and more businesses are switching from traditional analog surveillance to IP-based solutions due to the flexibility, scalability and additional features they provide,” said Michael Hardy, vice president of Channel and Enterprise Sales at D-Link Systems, in a statement. “We stand behind our business-class cameras with an industry-leading five-year warranty and we want to offer up all of the tools, resources and support a prospective customer would need to fully understand IP surveillance and choose D-Link as their partner.”
Here is a grocery list of all the freebies included as part of the campaign, straight from the press release:
- “IP Surveillance 101” Poster: Visually covers a range of topics including, “All About Lenses,” “Analog CCTV vs. IP Surveillance,” “Ways to Manage Video,” “Pixel Resolution,” “Frame Rates,” “Camera Placement,” and more.
- Product Comparison Tools: The interactive product selector tool asks questions to help identify and suggest the right D-Link IP camera for their business security. A competitive product comparison tool is also available to authorized resellers.
- Bandwidth and Storage Calculator: A web-based tool used to calculate the bandwidth and storage capacity for surveillance projects.
- Surveillance Floor Planner (SFP): An online tool designed to simplify and improve the design process of surveillance projects by visualizing camera placement and coverage on floor plans. After selecting a D-Link camera, users can drag and rotate it to a proper position on the floor plan and get the optimal camera field of view by adjusting camera lens and installation settings.
- 30-Day Evaluation Units: Customers can apply online to receive products to integrate into their network environments for testing.