Six Channel Partner Blog Entries The VAR Guy Didn't Write: Feb. 26Six Channel Partner Blog Entries The VAR Guy Didn't Write: Feb. 26
Miami Beach, New York, Las Vegas, San Francisco and San Jose. How many places can The VAR Guy really be at once? You'll find out over the next few days. In the meantime, here are six channel partner blog entries The VAR Guy didn't have time to write for the week ending Feb. 26, 2010.
February 26, 2010
Miami Beach, New York, Las Vegas, San Francisco and San Jose. How many places can The VAR Guy really be at once? You’ll find out over the next few days. In the meantime, here are six channel partner blog entries The VAR Guy didn’t have time to write for the week ending Feb. 26, 2010.
7. Profiting From EMC Support: Want to potentially make extra dollars supporting EMC customers? Check in with ServiceKey, a Master MSP and Master ISMO (independent service maintenance organization) for some details.
6. New CEO’s Start Day: Canonical, the Ubuntu Linux company, on March 1 officially completes the CEO title transition from Mark Shuttleworth to Jane Silber. The VAR Guy plans to catch up with Silber soon. In the meantime, here are nine potential priorities for Canonical’s new CEO.
5. Security Social Media Done Right: Security software rivals Sophos and Kaspersky Lab are taking completely opposite approaches to social media. Yet both strategies are attracting a following.
Check out frequently updated Sophos team blogs from Graham Cluley, Chet Wisniewski and Paul Ducklin (among other examples). Next, jump over to Kaspersky Lab’s Threatpost.com, which ranks near the top 100,000 sits on the web, according to Alexa.com. The key takeaway: Don’t launch a blog or social media effort until you have dedicated resources to supply the content.
Oh, and The VAR Guy nearly forgot to mention Glenn Hanson, a social media community manager over at Symantec. Sharp guy. Where are additional players like Trend Micro and McAfee heading? Our resident blogger needs to stop blogging long enough to find out…
4. Microsoft Friend… And Foe: Intermedia, a major hosted Exchange partner, spent portions of this week warning VARs and solutions providers about commodity email services and price wars between Microsoft and Google. Sounds like Intermedia plans to pushing beyond its hosted Exchange 2010 expertise — spending far more time promoting hosted Unified Communications to channel partners. The VAR Guy expects to hear more details March 4, during an Intermedia partner conference in California.
3. SAP’s Next Partner Moves: SAP is meeting with channel partners March 1 in Vegas. The VAR Guy plans to crash the party… in a polite, responsible manner (of course). More details next week.
2. Careful With Those Emails: Sure, you likely know former Lenovo Channel Chief Stephen DiFranco is leaping to Hewlett-Packard (a potential win for HP-centric MSPs). But DiFranco’s transition apparently involved some, um, careful communications within HP. The VAR Guy has some details. But he’s listening for more chatter…
1. Check the Headline: The VAR Guy never plays by the rules. This is a top six list. But if you want to expand the list with more chatter, just post it in the comments area.
About the Author(s)
You May Also Like
AWS re:Invent Partner, Vendor News: Cisco, Salesforce, MoreDec 01, 2023
People on the Move: Comcast, Cisco, NICE, TPx, Barracuda, MoreNov 29, 2023
AWS re:Invent 2023 Partner News: Marketplace, Salesforce, Certs, MoreNov 29, 2023
AWS re:Invent Expo: VMware, Snyk, HPE, More Showcase Cloud, Security, AINov 28, 2023