June 24, 2013
As Insight Venture Partners essentially acquires Kaseya, the deal will surely trigger questions from managed services providers (MSPs) and corporate IT managers focused on mobility, cloud and IT automation services. As MSPmentor pursues an interview with new Kaseya CEO Yogesh Gupta and former CEO Gerald Blackie, here are seven questions from the MSPmentor team.
1. MSP Commitment: Kaseya has sold its software to MSPs and corporate IT departments. Under Gupta’s leadership, how will Kaseya work with MSPs and will there be any change in the company’s commitment to service providers?
2. GFI Software — Sister Company?: Kaseya parent Insight Venture Partners has also owned a stake in GFI Software — promoter of the GFI Max platform for MSPs. Is that investment still in place? If so, will there be potential synergies between GFI Software and Kaseya?
3. MSP Experts: Kaseya’s team includes EVP Jim Alves, EVP Marin Ashby and a lengthy list of peers that have MSP engagement experience. Will those experts remain on-board to ensure a continued MSP focus?
4. BYOD and Cloud: New CEO Yogesh Gupta mentioned both of those technology trends as key opportunities for Kaseya going forward. What existing Kaseya technologies will drive value going forward, and what R&D should we keep an eye on?
5. Tuck-in Deals?: Will Insight Venture Partners acquire some highly targeted technologies to plug into Kaseya’s software platform? If so, what areas will need to be addressed?
6. Pricing and Business Models: Kaseya shifted to subscription pricing model in 2012. Can MSPs expect Kaseya to march forward with that same model and pricing structures going forward?
7. Executive Team: As Gupta settles in as CEO, will he need to replace departing executives like exiting President Mark Sutherland, CTO Paul Wong and COO Tim McMullen? If so, when and how will Gupta begin shaping his executive team?
MSPmentor will pursue answers to those questions, and more, in the hours ahead.
About the Author(s)
You May Also Like
AWS re:Invent Partner, Vendor News: Cisco, Salesforce, MoreDec 01, 2023
People on the Move: Comcast, Cisco, NICE, TPx, Barracuda, MoreNov 29, 2023
AWS re:Invent 2023 Partner News: Marketplace, Salesforce, Certs, MoreNov 29, 2023
AWS re:Invent Expo: VMware, Snyk, HPE, More Showcase Cloud, Security, AINov 28, 2023