Six Channel Blogs The VAR Guy Didn’t Write: Oct. 1
The VAR Guy is busy juggling the usual deadlines and distractions. But sometimes our resident blogger doesn’t have time to cover every news tip that hits his inbox. In fact, here are six channel blogs The VAR Guy didn’t have time to write for the week ending October 1, 2010.
7. In the Flesh?: The VAR Guy allegedly spotted Novell Channel Chief John Dragoon at the Roger Waters concert in Boston a few days ago. Waters is on the road performing Pink Floyd’s The Wall in its entirety for the first time in roughly 30 years. The VAR Guy caught Waters a few years ago performing Dark Side of the Moon. Then, and now, our resident blogger wishes David Gilmour was on hand for his signature guitar solos.
6. New Look, New Push: Cisco Systems has overhauled the Cisco Channels blog with a new look and feel. The company has also launched a new integrated Blog Hub. Next up, The VAR Guy suspects Cisco will officially discuss its small business and commercial channel push. Stay tuned.
5. More Destinations: The VAR Guy on Sept. 30 mentioned that there are four major channel partner events the week of October 4 (MSPWorld, Ingram Micro VentureTech, Tigerpaw User Conference and Rackspace Partner Summit). Alas, The VAR Guy was wrong. There are actually seven events. The three additional events are:
- MSP Services Network CEO Gerard Kane points out the Synnex National Conference is Oct. 6-9 in Greenvale, S.C.
- DBL has their Annual Fall Vendor Expo October 8-9 in Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Arrow Electronics is hosting an Oracle OPN Specialized educational conference (Oct. 6-7, Phoenix).
Busy times for the IT channel… and The VAR Guy.
4. Collect Call From A Lawyer: Microsoft has sued Motorola, alleging patent infringement related to Google Android smartphones. The lawsuit arrives shortly before Microsoft makes its major Windows Phone 7 launch.
3. Dialing More Open Source?: The VAR Guy is starting to hear channel-related rumors ahead of the AstriCon Asterisk User Conference & Expo (Oct. 26-28, Washington, D.C.). In particular, keep an eye open for AsteriskExchange marketplace updates.
2. Oracle Enraged: Apparently, Oracle CEO Larry Ellison was enraged by HP’s new CEO choice. Here’s why. Sure sounds like the HP vs Oracle feud continues to intensify.
1. Check the Headline: This remains a top-six list. Always has been. Always will be. As a result, there isn’t a No. 1 item, which frees up The VAR Guy to watch five extra minutes of football each Sunday.
That’s all for now. The VAR Guy will be back very soon with plenty of additional blog coverage.