Windows 8 Preview Hits the Road: Microsoft WPC 2012
Sure, the Windows 8 preview allegedly arrives today. But The VAR Guy is distracted with more pressing priorities. Indeed, he is charting a course to Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference 2012 (WPC12, July 8-12, Toronto). From his hidden hideaway on Long Island, The VAR Guy will drive to Toronto with several Microsoft channel partners whose identities remain hidden… for now. You thought a road trip to The Food King was impressive? Hitch a ride with The VAR Guy for these six surprises…
1. Going Windows 8: Yup, The VAR Guy will be turning off Mac OS X, iOS, Linux and all other non-Microsoft operating systems for the road trip from Long Island to Toronto. To get into the spirit of the event, The VAR Guy will live purely with Windows 7 and Windows 8 and perhaps even a Windows Phone during this tour of duty. Immersed in Microsoft technologies, The VAR Guy will be well-prepared for deeper conversations with Channel Chief Jon Roskill and other Microsoft leaders.
2. The Big Coaster: The VAR Guy is a roller coaster fanatic. He lives 45 minutes from the famed Coney Island Cyclone roller coaster — yet our resident blogger has never actually hitched a ride on that wooden marvel. All that changes on July 7. Will some anonymous channel partners be along for the ride, too?
3. Field of Dreams: Next Stop… The Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, N.Y. Our resident blogger plans to arrive wearing only sox. Call it a silent protest to have Shoeless Joe Jackson elected to the Hall of Fame.
4. Zipping Away: Blogging from a Windows Phone while riding a Zip Line in the New York Catskills? Hey, it could happen.
5. The Big Splash: Sometime the evening of July 7, The VAR Guy and his road crew plan to arrive at Niagara Falls. No barrels. No tightrope walks. But plenty of opportunity to soak up the view and write blogs containing bad puns.
6. Arrival Day: Sometime the evening of July 8, The VAR Guy and his esteemed entourage will pull into Toronto for Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference 2012. Will our resident blogger have the nerve to show up on Jon Roskill’s (hotel) doorstep?
Stay tuned. And if you’d like to potentially hitch a ride on the road trip The VAR Guy, post a comment. Seats are limited.