September 16, 2011
thevarguy-running-300x300From Microsoft BUILD to Intel Developers Forum to HP announcements from Senior VP Stephen DiFranco, it was a busy week for the IT channel. And there’s plenty of channel partner program news The VAR Guy still needs to write. So, here are six blogs The VAR Guy still hopes to pursue in the hours and days ahead.
7. Diskeeper CEO Change: How would your data survive without defrag software? While you mull that rhetorical question, Diskeeper has named Jerry Baldwin as CEO. Baldwin specifically mentioned channel partners in a media statement, pointing to e-tailers, resellers, OEMs and distributors as key partners moving forward. Baldwin has previously worked with such companies as BPI/CA, CompUAdd, DEC, EDS and One eCommerce.
6. HP’s PC Business: It’s highly unlikely that Hewlett-Packard will sell its PC business. Instead, it sounds like HP wants to potentially spin off the business — similar to the Agilent spin-off from 1999. More perspectives soon from The VAR Guy.
5. HP’s Channel Strategy: The VAR Guy yesterday spoke with Stephen DiFranco, senior VP and GM for the Americas, HP Personal Systems Group (PSG). Interesting conversation about HP’s channel organization and much more. Stay tuned.
4. Window 8 Server: The VAR Guy likes the fact that Microsoft is coordinating names across its mobile, desktop and server operating systems. But what’s in Windows 8 Server for channel partners? The experts at Windows IT Pro think Windows 8 Server and Hyper-V 3.0 will close the technology gap with VMware vSphere. Hmmm…. The VAR Guy needs to noodle on that for a bit.
3. Dell World: Media invites for Dell World have started (Oct. 12-14). Yes, even anonymous — but reliable — bloggers have been invited , including yours truly. Watch for Michael Dell, Steve Ballmer, Marc Benioff and Paul Otellini, among others, to grab the spotlight at the show. And yes, Dell PartnerDirect channel partners are welcome at the conference.
2. Have You Hurd?: Oracle President Mark Hurd and Channel Chief Judson Althoff apparently are cooking up something big for channel partners. What should Oracle PartnerNetwork Specialized partner program members expect? Details expected the week of Sept. 19.
1. Exit, Stage Left: This is a top six list. Always has been. Always will be. Thanks for reading The VAR Guy — and don’t disappear. More content coming soon — including some analysis for the items above…
About the Author(s)
You May Also Like
AWS re:Invent Partner, Vendor News: Cisco, Salesforce, MoreDec 01, 2023
People on the Move: Comcast, Cisco, NICE, TPx, Barracuda, MoreNov 29, 2023
AWS re:Invent 2023 Partner News: Marketplace, Salesforce, Certs, MoreNov 29, 2023
AWS re:Invent Expo: VMware, Snyk, HPE, More Showcase Cloud, Security, AINov 28, 2023