Free Newsletters for the Channel
Register for Your Free Newsletter Now
Amazon.com's (NASDAQ: AMZN) first-ever AWS re:Invent conference (for cloud computing customers and partners) will attract 5,500 attendees, including cloud partner program leaders from Avnet Technology Solutions, Boundary, CoreSite, JHC Technology, NetApp and Trend Micro. Here's what VARs, MSPs and CSPs should expect.
November 21, 2012
Amazon.com's (NASDAQ: AMZN) first-ever AWS re:Invent conference (for cloud computing customers and partners) will attract 5,500 attendees, including cloud integrators, brokers, aggregators and channel leaders. So who's on tap to attend the Nov. 27-29 gathering in Las Vegas, and what cloud partner program trends will emerge?
Talkin' Cloud is way ahead of the pack on this story, haven spoken with a range of sources who are set to attend re:Invent. Among the companies and executives to track:
1. Avnet Technology Solutions: VP Tim Fitzgerald leads Avnet Cloud Solutions, the distributors' public and private cloud initiative. Avnet and several other big IT distributors already have relationships with Amazon Web Services. But I sense some new moves are coming. And Fitzgerald will be on hand at the conference.
2. Mr. Cloud Monitor: We hear Boundary CEO Gary Read, formerly of Nimsoft, will be on hand at the conference. Boundary has made headlines in recent weeks by closely monitoring Amazon Web Services and Microsoft's cloud, and alerting customers about outages or per performance long before the chatter went mainstream. So how will Read make sure Boundary appeals to MSPs, VARs and cloud integrators? He tends to be speak openly with our team so we'll get you the answers.
3. CoreSite: The company focuses on building data center campuses to support and scale cloud and private networking solutions. We hear COO Jarrett Appleby (formerly of Equinex) will be on-hand at the conference. But how is CoreSite working with Sidera, GTT, CenturyLink and DE-CIX? Yes, we expect to find the answers.
4. JHC Technology Inc. The consulting and hosting provider will have a range of talent in the house, including Matt Jordan, cloud services manager. Among the questions we'll be asking: How is JHC carving a niche in th government market, where it set up sites like Recovery.gov on AWS infrastructure? Jordan has the insights and we'll get the perspectives.
5. NetApp: The storage specialist knows its way around converged data centers — thanks to efforts like the NetApp-Cisco FlexPod initiative. But what is NetApp preparing to do at the Amazon conference, and where do channel partners fit into the conversation? We've heard rumors about the answer and we're impressed. More details coming soon…
6. Trend Micro: The security software company spotted the MSP partner opportunity early. But how is Trend Micro addressing the cloud integrator opportunity? That story will emerge at re:Invent.
You May Also Like
Channel People on the Move: AT&T, C1, Mitel, TD Synnex, MoreMar 1, 2024
Viirtue, MSP Partners Seek Larger Piece of IT PieFeb 29, 2024
New Cisco OT Route to Market Opens New Partner SetFeb 29, 2024
Broadcom-VMware Saga Update: Nutanix Wins, Carbon Black Sale, Hock Tan PayFeb 29, 2024