Quest Debuts 3-Tier Partner Program

The software developer is bringing together its disparate channel programs.

Kelly Teal, Contributing Editor

July 11, 2011

1 Min Read
Quest Debuts 3-Tier Partner Program

After letting its channel programs run independently as a result of several acquisitions, Quest Software officially has launched its three-tier partner program, Quest Partner Circle.

Quests software specializes in Windows and database management; virtualization and cloud; data protection; application and performance monitoring; identity and access management; and migration. The California-based company works with 4,500 partners worldwide, and is using this weeks 2011 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference to beef up its presence among VARs and systems integrators, as well as referral partners and distributors. Quest aims to streamline the various programs its subsidiaries have been running over the years.

To that point, Quest has divided its partner program into three pieces: Elite, Premier and Registered. Most partners about 80 percent will fall into the Registered category, said Michael Sotnick, Quests vice president of worldwide channels and alliances. The remaining 20 percent will be split between Premier and Elite. Partners will receive discounts according to their tiers and how much they invest in aspects such as program fees. Access to tools and training also will vary depending on how involved a partner is in the Quest program. For example, Elite and Premier partners, who must meet sales quotas, will be able to take advantage of a multimillion dollar market development fund.

Indirect sales comprised about 40 percent of Quests worldwide revenue in 2010. The company also has added leaders and staff to its channel in the past 18 months; it now has several hundred personnel in channel sales, marketing, technical field support and enablement.

Read more about:


About the Author(s)

Kelly Teal

Contributing Editor, Channel Futures

Kelly Teal has more than 20 years’ experience as a journalist, editor and analyst, with longtime expertise in the indirect channel. She worked on the Channel Partners magazine staff for 11 years. Kelly now is principal of Kreativ Energy LLC.

Free Newsletters for the Channel
Register for Your Free Newsletter Now

You May Also Like