New Kaseya CEO Yogesh Gupta: 5 Facts for MSPsNew Kaseya CEO Yogesh Gupta: 5 Facts for MSPs
Who is new Kaseya CEO Yogesh Gupta, and how will his executive experience at CA Technologies and Fatwire help to shape Kaseya going forward?
June 24, 2013
As Insight Venture Partners essentially buys Kaseya, the software company’s CEO seat shifts from Gerald Blackie to Yogesh Gupta. But who is Gupta? MSPmentor actually had dinner with Gupta (a FatWire and CA Technologies veteran) about two years ago on Long Island. And we’ve interviewed him several times prior to launching MSPmentor. Here are five fast facts about Gupta for MSPs (managed services providers) who are tracking this deal.
First, a disclaimer: MSPmentor has not directly confirmed that we’re profiling the correct Yogesh Gupta here. But we’re assuming (based on some background source discussions) that Kaseya’s new CEO is the same Yogesh Gupta we’ve previously interviewed. Assuming we’ve got the right guy (our fingers are crossed…), here’s what MSPs need to know:
1. Gupta the Technologist: Gupta holds a patent involving neural networks and data mining. He has also held engineering posts at CA Technologies — rising to the CTO post before exiting that company.
2. Gupta the marketer: Here again, Gupta has deep experience — having led CA’s producting marketing and strategy efforts in the 1990s.
3. Gupta the business and M&A leader: He was CEO of FatWire, which Oracle acquired in July 2011.
4. Gupta the entrepreneur and startup advisor: He’s chairman of the Long Island High Tech Incubator.
5. Gupta the MSP expert: What are Gupta’s thoughts about Kaseya’s potential strategy with MSPs and enterprise customers? That’s the piece of the puzzle MSPmentor is still missing — but we’re chasing it.
More details and updates soon.
About the Author(s)
You May Also Like