Seven Managed Services Blogs MSPmentor Didn't Write: Sept. 24Seven Managed Services Blogs MSPmentor Didn't Write: Sept. 24
The MSPmentor blogging team was pulled in multiple directions this week. Alas, here are seven managed services blog entries we didn't have a chance to write for the week ending Sept. 24, 2010.
September 24, 2010
The MSPmentor blogging team was pulled in multiple directions this week. Alas, here are seven managed services blog entries we didn’t have a chance to write for the week ending Sept. 24, 2010.
7. New Prescription: MSP University, which helps VARs and resellers to develop managed services business practices, has launched a sister site called Healthcare IT University. You’ll find details here.
6. On the Move: ConnectWise CEO Arnie Bellini recently completed his third Iron Man competition. The latest competition had Bellini on the move for 13-plus hours in 95-degree heat. I’m not sure I can do anything well for 13 hours. Except sleep…
5. Printing Money?: Ricoh Americas Corporation has landed in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for managed print services (MPS) worldwide. Assuming you value the Magic Quadrant designation, the news sounds great for end-customers. But are MSPs profiting from Ricoh’s managed print strategy? I need to take a closer look.
4. Picture This: Microsoft has launched a range of videos an educational information about Windows Intune, the SaaS-based remote management platform for Windows desktops. Windows Intune is in beta now, with a commercial debut expected in 2011. Separately, Microsoft continues to host private discussions with MSPs about Windows Intune.
3. Automating Help: Live Virtual Help Desk plans to leverage Autotask‘s PSA (professional services automation) platform to manage “thousands of service calls and transaction for MSP clients. Autotask competes in the PSA market against entrenched rivals like ConnectWise and Tigerpaw.
2. Shaking Hands: Kaseya Executive VP Jim Alves will likely attend the Tigerpaw User Conference (Oct. 6-8, Dallas). Kaseya is building its own Business Center PSA offering but continues to partner with third-party PSA providers. More details on Kaseya’s Q4 strategy soon…
That’s all for now. Thanks so much for reading MSPmentor and for joining in our daily dialog.
About the Author(s)
You May Also Like