VAR Dynamics Now Offering Hosted VMware Zimbra 7.1
VAR Dynamics, which provides the cloud services channel with white-label SaaS products, has become among the first to offer its partners hosted VMware Zimbra 7.1 messaging. The company says it’s the first to offer both Microsoft Exchange and the competing Zimbra from the same platform.
According to VAR Dynamics, Zimbra 7.1 is more than just an incremental update — it adds features including new sharing functionalities, expanded calendaring, better search and increased manageability. And the company is calling itself one of the first channel-focused SaaS aggregators to offer it to MSPs, systems integrators and VARs.
Here’s what VAR Dynamics considers to be the highlights of Zimbra 7.1, taken from the press release:
- New scheduling wizard and other calendar enhancements
- Self-restore of deleted items
- Briefcase file versioning and check in/check out control
- GAL (Global Address List) people search
- E-mail and SMS event reminders
- Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Webex integration
- Popular Zimlets readily installed
VMware went out of its way to make sure Zimbra is friendly for cloud service providers, as detailed in this TalkinCloud FastChat video from February 2011. But the fact that it also offers Microsoft Exchange is evidence to me that even Zimbra’s most ardent supporters aren’t quite ready to cut off all ties with Redmond quite yet.