June 4, 2012
Kendra Lee KLA Group at Ingram Micro Cloud SummitHow can your company generate sales leads that drive cloud services revenues? Kendra Lee, president of KLA Group, is offering answers during the Ingram Micro Cloud Summit right now in Phoenix, Ariz. Stay tuned to this live blog for lead generation ideas; we’ll update the blog every few minutes as new cloud services lead generation tips pop up.
Here is a paraphrased recap on the session as it is unfolding.
1. Lead Generation vs. Lead Nurturing: What’s the difference?
Lead Generation: Sales pipeline is lean, you need leads now, you have resources who can call pseudo-leads to qualify.
Lead Nurturing: Sales pipeline is healthy, you don’t have many sales resources who can call pseudo leads to qualify.
2. Lead Generation Campaigns You Can Use
Email Pros: Easy to use. Cons: Make sure you’re not spamming and you need a good list.
Direct Mail: It’s making a comeback because there isn’t a lot of competition. But you’ll get a low response rate on your tracking codes.
Social Media: Definitely on LinkedIn, maybe Facebook depending on your target market. Maintaining social media, however, requires roughly 3 hours a week using a tool like HootSuite.
Events: Face to face can be expensive but Lunch and Learns remain effective. Focus on Lunch and Learns in your office where attendees have to order their meal days ahead of the event — so that they’re more inclined to show up.
Pick Up the Phone: Yes you have to do phone follow-up, but don’t confuse that with cold calling.
3. Moving Leads Through the Cycle: You have to move people from (1) unawareness, to awareness, interest, desire, action, implementation and follow-up.
4. How to Articulate Business Benefits of Cloud Services:
Utility – pay as you go (for organizations that scale up/down quickly, construction, accounting, etc.)
Ubiquity – access anywhere (mobile sales force, real estate, work from home)
Don’t talk to customers about cloud until there’s “interest” or “desire”
5. Make Irresistible Offers In Your Lead Generation Campaigns: Move recipients from awareness to interest to desire by using blog entries, podcasts/webcasts/video, eBook, checklists/tipsheets, white papers, on-line assessments, meeting with you, assessment.
6. Build your plan to identify your top target market.
More updates from the session to come within minutes.
You May Also Like