Hitachi Vantara eyes “massive growth” with the launch of the Lumada DataOps Suite.

Christine Horton, Contributing Editor

August 31, 2021

3 Min Read
unlock data
Shutterstock

Channel partners can help customers transform data into valuable business insights, according to Hitachi Vantara’s EMEA channel exec.

“Transforming all data into business insights is becoming a business imperative.” So believes Dennis Frank, VP, EMEA strategic partners and alliances at Hitachi Vantara.

451 Research indicates that nearly all organizations are planning (28%) or actively pursuing (72%) initiatives to deliver agile and automated data management.

But Frank says as enterprises look for business insights from their data, they face numerous challenges. These include data sprawl, diverse data formats and the explosion of data volumes. Data can span across multiple data centers and clouds and processed by disparate tools.

IDC says that as data volumes explode, the amount of data that must be understood or remain in the dark expands. Only 2.5% of all data is analysed, with the remainder 97.5% lost.

Frank-Dennis_Hitachi-Vantara.jpg

Hitachi Vantara’s Dennis Frank

“This has meant that the control over data creation and management for organisations has loosened, creating a huge challenge. How can we manage and access all this data flooding in? Especially data that cannot be seen, used or managed, or a combination of the three,” Frank said. “Today’s challenge of data management is like building dozens of warehouses and data lakes, each of which must comply with regulations but also allow diverse teams to create, maintain and evolve them.”

Lumada DataOps Suite

Frank’s comments come as Hitachi launches its Lumada DataOps Suite. He says it can turn customers’ dark data into business insights by operationalising data management with automation and collaboration. It reportedly removes bottlenecks and minimises the end-to-end cycle time of data analytics. It also democratizes access, lowers the cost of data operations, and accelerates customers’ data-driven business innovation.

“All these capabilities lead to better business outcomes,” said Frank.

He says this creates an opportunity for growth within Hitachi Vantara’s partner ecosystem.

“Partners can enhance new public cloud migration opportunities, as well as expand on current Pentaho businesses. Furthermore, partners can create additional opportunities for service dollars beyond product installations.”

This he says, is due to “the given expertise in ETL development, data lake migration and data governance.”

“This opportunity can help partners gain traction rapidly within the growing market – $3.4 billion with projected 10.5% CAGR,” added Frank.

‘Massive’ Growth Plans

In EMEA, Hitachi Vantara has more than 400 active partners and 50 focused partners. Approximately 72% of its product sales goes through partners.

The vendor said it wants “to massively grow our market share over the next three years.” To achieve this, it said it is committed to increasing its “market coverage, partner preference and win rate.”

Frank said Hitachi Vantara continues to invest in its partner program, Partner Connect portal and partner tech enablement initiatives. The firm is also driving pricing promotions, especially around its midrange and HCI solutions, and infrastructure-as-a-service offering.

Want to contact the author directly about this story? Have ideas for a follow-up article? Email Christine Horton or connect with her on LinkedIn.

 

About the Author(s)

Christine Horton

Contributing Editor, Channel Futures

Christine Horton writes about all kinds of technology from a business perspective. Specializing in the IT sales channel, she is a former editor and now regular contributor to leading channel and business publications. She has a particular focus on EMEA for Channel Futures.

Free Newsletters for the Channel
Register for Your Free Newsletter Now

You May Also Like