Seven Managed Services Blogs MSPmentor Didn’t Write, May 4
I’m seated at the Ingram Micro VTN conference in Colorado Springs, Colo. Some impressive cloud statistics for VARs and MSPs just emerged, along with additional highlights from the Ingram team. But what else is going on? Plenty. Here are seven managed services blogs and MSP news stories the MSPmentor team didn’t have a chance to write for the week ending May 4, 2012.
6. There He Is: Former MSP and Autotask veteran Mark Crall is now senior channel account manager at StorageCraft, which has been generating 100 percent annual revenue growth for several years. Crall joined StorageCraft, he says, because of “amazing growth both in the US and Internationally; the technology is proven, relevant and serves a critical need in the managed services space. I was especially inspired by the humility and vision of their leadership. They have a solid plan for the future of the company and technology services needed to be a major player for years to come. “
Crall’s primary focus is to manage StorageCraft’s highest producing territory; secondarily he will leverage his experience in the MSP community and cloud services to help with recent and soon to be announced endeavors.
5. Silent Success: White Glove Technologies CEO Tommy Wald told me he has re-joined True Profits Group, the peer group led by Steve Bowser. True Profits has no website, no online marketing, nothing. Apparently, Bowser prefers to keep a low profile while empowering peer group members.
4. VoIP in the Cloud Integrated With ConnectWise: Yes, it exists. From Comm-Core. I spotted it at Ingram Micro VTN. Does it work? I have no idea. But I’m intrigued.
2. Yes, We Can Manage That: Level Platforms CEO Peter Sandiford shared some updated thoughts on MSPs managing cloud services and SaaS applications. I’ve got to organize my notes into a blog on this soon…
1. More Acquisitions Coming: The Utility Company (TUC) is preparing to make several additional MSP acquisitions, according to CEO Mark Scott, whom I spotted at the Ingram Micro VTN Conference. More updates soon.
Late Update: I just saw some news alerts about new developments in the Zenith Infotech bond default case. The Bombay High Court has stopped Zenith Infotech from selling real estate assets, The Economic Times of India reported, and a hearing on it sounds like the next hearing on the matter is May 11.