HP Adds to Education Arsenal with Digital Learning Suite
HP is launching its Interactive Digital Learning Suite for the educational market, complete with a round of new software tools and solutions to help both students and teachers. What’s the scoop on this interactive learning, and can the HP channel partners capitalize with this package? Read on …
First, the fun stuff. HP is introducing the following tools:
- HP Digital Sketch, which wirelessly connects to a teacher’s notebook or desktop to allow control of the lesson plan while walking around the classroom.
- HP Pocket Whiteboard, which turns almost any classroom surface into an interactive learning space.
- HP Classroom Manager, software that empowers teachers and administrators to keep students on task while improving collaboration, pushing content and gaining formative assessment data to improve and differentiate instruction.
- HP MultiSeat t150 Thin Client, which allows up to 10 students to simultaneously share a single host computer using a simple USB connection, so schools can maximize the number of computer seats without increasing their technology budgets.
- HP Presentation Station 1000, which puts all of an instructor’s technology tools in one central location, enabling them to move anywhere in the classroom to deliver a collaborative curriculum.
- HP 20-Notebook Charging Cart and 20- and 30-Notebook Managed Charging Carts, which provide easy charging and management of notebooks in the cart regardless of brand, from Mini PCs up to 15.6-inch screen-size notebooks.
But what about the channel? Every tool listed will be available to HP resellers, so partners have a potentially powerful toolkit for attacking the educational vertical. More importantly, utilizing virtualization in the classroom with the the t150 thin client is a great way to provide expandability and value while being cost-effective.
The pricing scale is varied (no number was given in the release), but volume pricing is available. All the new technologies in the Interactive Digital Learning Suite are set for late February, March and April releases, except the HP t150 MultiSeat, which is available now.
You can check out all the tools and get a virtual tour here.