The 411 of Cisco UCS TCO-ROI
When looking at the technology side of a solution one must also execute proper due diligence on the business side, too. After all as Trusted Advisors to your clients, you’re expected to provide the best possible solutions in terms of technology and business fit. All solutions after all need to meet the requirements of the business but also have to fit the OpEx and CapEx constraints that exist. Cisco’s Unified Computing System (UCS) can absolutely help partners on the OpEx and CapEx fronts. Here’s why.
UCS’s architecture and technology is revolutionary as it brings together a fabric computing model for the data center by combining compute, network, and virtualization elements into a unified system. Before we jump too deeply into the TCO-ROI topic here, please take a few minutes to review this video on Cisco UCS and its unifying architecture.
To help understand the business value of a UCS implementation Cisco has created a set of publicly available tools and services that channel partners and customers can use to:
- Understand and quantify total cost of ownership (TCO) benefits
- Project potential savings based on investment (ROI)
- Identify and quantify expected gains in operational efficiency
- Prioritize projects that free IT budget for other business initiatives
These tools allow channel partners to enter their own data to create customized financial analyses and business case documents. They help you to quantify and communicate the business value of a Cisco data center solutions applied to your data center initiatives
- Cisco UCS TCO-ROI Advisor: Find out how much you can reduce data center capital and operating expenses by deploying the Cisco Unified Computing System.
- Cisco Unified Fabric ROI Tool: Compare business metrics using unified fabric based on Cisco Nexus 5000 to those of traditional data center networking technologies
- Cisco UCS Power Calculator: Calculate power requirements for all Cisco UCS blade and rack mount servers. For older UCS servers, use the legacy UCS Power Calculator
In today’s world of tight IT budgets CIOs and their staffs carefully watch their OpEx and CapEx expenditures. Your opportunity as a trusted Advisor is to leverage Cisco’s TCO-ROI tools to show true technology and business value as a win/win solution.
Rex Backman is global marketing manager of Microsoft Solutions at Cisco. Monthly guest blogs such as this one are part of The VAR Guy’s annual platinum sponsorship. Read all of Cisco’s guest blogs here.