SunGard Releases Recovery-as-Service for VMware vCenter SRM
The Recover2Cloud for vCenter SRM service aims to supply application protection and recovery into private dedicated or shared cloud environments using VMware’s technology for automation and orchestration. The Recover2Cloud solution is part of SunGard’s overall cloud services portfolio and rounds out the company’s x86 recovery solutions for physical and virtual environments.
Sungard’s folder also includes data protection and management through online data vaulting and replication, systems recovery through managed hot-sites and cloud-based automated recovery, and people, process and program management such as recovery procedure, test planning and execution and lifecycle program and change.
"Recover2Cloud for vCenter SRM provides secure enterprise-class recovery at a lower cost than building a dedicated second site filled with dedicated equipment," said Michael de la Torre, SunGard Availability Services Product Management vice president. "Recover2Cloud for vCenter SRM completes our ability to recover physical x86, midrange and legacy and now virtual x86 environments for customers with multi-tiered applications running in complex, hybrid IT environments."
John Gilmartin, VMware Storage and Availability vice president, said the cloud is a “particularly good fit for disaster recovery services,” because the cost of the infrastructure can be shared across customers.
"We are pleased to see SunGard deliver a high-value disaster recovery to the cloud service using VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager,” he said. “As VMware customers virtualize more of their business and mission-critical applications, there's an increased need for faster, more reliable disaster recovery solutions."
Recover2Cloud for vCenter SRM features include:
- Enables enterprises to manage replication and rapidly recover large-scale virtualized environments
- Recovery of a VM environment within four to 12 hours
- 24/7 monitoring of the protected recovery environment
- Option of failover of VMs to a choice of private dedicated or shared infrastructure environment without interrupting replication
- Connects to other SunGard Availability Services recovery services to protect physical and hybrid environments
- Eliminates CapEx constraints to invest in a second site infrastructure and tools