Paragon Image Backup for Windows 8, Windows Server 2012
Paragon Software is offering what might be the industry’s first backup and recovery tool to support Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 and Microsoft’s (NSDQ: MSFT) Resilient File System (ReFS), a new local file system to maximize data availability. Paragon’s Image Backup for Windows 8 (including RTM) and Server 2012 is available now as a free download from the vendor’s web site.
Integrators looking to flesh out their Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 portfolios might want to take notice. Here are the details:
Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 users concerned about third-party software compatibility or system corruption may want a little insurance with an image backup solution, particularly if they have some concern over the new operating systems’ safety, according to Paragon.
Konstantin Komarov, Paragon chief executive, said that Image Backup for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, based on the developer’s Universal File System Driver technology, enables users to create a backup image of their system and restore it under Linux or Windows on demand.
“For anyone interested in the latest Windows 8-generation family but are having concerns about the system’s safety, Paragon Image Backup for Windows 8 and Server 2012 ensures complete protection as the first and only backup and recovery tool available for the newest Windows OS, demonstrating Paragon’s market-leading position in data security for the entire file system spectrum,” said Konstantin Komarov, Paragon chief executive.
- Full ReFS read/write support under Windows
- Read only access to unmounted ReFS volumes under Linux and Windows environments
- Support for ReFS: backup, restore, and browsing under Windows and Linux
- Live Windows backup. Create an image-based copy of the whole disk system, or separate volumes and place them locally, to CD/DVD/BD, or on the net. Combining Paragon disk-imaging technology and Microsoft VSS (Volume Shadow Copy Service) enables backing up of running applications and system locked files.
- Flexible recovery. Restore the whole backup image, or only particular files under Windows or from the Linux/DOS recovery environment.
- Additional maintenance functions. The Linux/DOS recovery environment includes basic functions for initializing, partitioning and formatting hard disks.
According to one review, “Image Backup for Windows 8 is probably the first freeware backup tool to offer Windows 8, Server 2012 and ReFS support, which works for us. And if that’s something you’re looking for, the program is available now.”