VMworld 2012 Virtualization & Cloud Conference InfoCenter
Welcome to The VAR Guy’s VMworld 2012 InfoCenter. We offer the latest virtualization and cloud computing news ahead of and during the VMware-hosted conference. The InfoCenter content is designed for VARs, service providers and channel partners. Our content helps channel partners (and their customers) to more effectively manage virtualized infrastructure and cloud data centers. Check back frequently for new blogs, white papers, videos and more — during VMworld 2012 and throughout the year.
Blogs: Virtualization Management News, Analysis and Commentary
- VMware to Hyper-V Migrations: Microsoft is training channel partners to migrate customers from VMware to Hyper-V on Windows Server. So far, 40 partners have embraced the training. Here’s what the Switch to Hyper-V program offers.
- VMware CIPP All-In on Partner Services: Virtualization kingpin VMware has quietly rolled out a new Consulting and Integration Partner Program (CIPP) — so noiselessly that it went largely unnoticed. That perhaps has prompted this latest, more recent — and this time partner benefits-centric — round of marketing by the company to get the word out on why this is a good thing.
- KVM vs VMware: A Case Study: After a month of debate and experimentation, my employer has made the decision to use the open-source KVM virtualization infrastructure for migrating IT resources to a virtualized environment. Below, I discuss why we chose KVM over its (mostly proprietary) alternatives.
FastChat Videos: Exclusive Interviews
- Red Hat CEO Jim Whitehurst: Can open source virtualization like KVM (kernel-based virtual machine) leapfrog VMware? And how will such solutions be managed? Whitehurst weighs in.
- VMware Channel Chief Doug Smith – Special from Talkin’ Cloud: Virtualization Is the First Step to the Cloud: In this FastChat Video, VMware Smith explains how partners are ramping up their strategies to leap from virtualization services to cloud services. Plus, he describes how VMware’s channel partner program continues to accelerate, with more than 80 percent of VMware revenues now flowing through VARs, service providers and more.
White Papers and Case Studies
Join our special resource center to download and read each of these white papers and case studies.
- Coming Soon: How to Remotely Manage and Monitor Traffic Flowing Across Virtualized Environments
- Coming Soon: Managing VMware-based Data Centers: A 10-Step Guide for VARs
- Coming Soon: Taking Control of VMware, Hyper-V and Mixed Cloud Environments